LeeBee

LeeBee
This is me! The blogger beginner....again!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

I have decided that I will try really hard to write on this thing. It's sort of like a journal, you know one of those things I try to keep but have had the same one for over 9 years! Why is it that I used to be so good at keeping a journal in high school? Now I just can't seem to make myself write in one at night. Maybe that's the problem, it's at night. Well here goes nothing!
So Jack and my 9 year anniversary is coming up. Yippee for us! And we had the night to ourselves the night before last. The girls were at a friends house partying the night away so we decided that we would go see a movie. The movie we wanted to see didn't start until 10 o'clock at night...Strike 1!
So Jack said "Come on, let's go." We put Bella into the backyard and off we went. Where to I had no clue, but I was up for anything! We drove awhile through two towns, about a million stores named Grande Market, and Grande Mall (People aren't very creative here in Oregon) and finally we came to the third town. We pulled into one of my favorite places to go, McMenamins.
We got out and I am warmly welcomed by the delicious smells of barnyard animals being cooked over an open flame. I'm in heaven. I want to jump head first into a plate of whatever it is they're cooking at the time. Jack decides to walk around and explore this beautiful old building. I looked up and wished I took a picture for my dad, as the old building had a stone crested symbol of the Masonic Lodge on it. Sweet! So we go inside, it's old and smells even older, and that's part of the charm baby! We go up the ramp to the theatre they have in the building. It's so cool! It had round tables all around and a few long couches to hang out on. By far one of the coolest theatres I've ever seen.
"They're playing The Prince Of Persia." Jack says. I'm excited, I think he's happy about their choice of movies. I'm thinking 'Well Happy Anniversary to us!' We walk up to the counter, where a young looking college student is standing, manning an empty popcorn machine.
"Can I help you?" He asks half heartedly.
"We've never been here before, just looking around." Jack tells the boy.
"It's so cool looking." I say eagerly.
"Yeah." The kid smiled. "We just got done playing The Prince Of Persia, and we'll be starting The A Team soon."
I looked at Jack, Jack looked at me...Strike 2.
So we decide it's time to go sit down outside and listen to the live band. The band is a bunch of hard looking old guys, but they were entertaining, and all the kids got to join in, so it was fun to watch. We listened to about 2 songs before our waitress came over to excuse her tardiness and hand us both menus.
Jack smiles at me as I pick up the menu.
"Don't even think about it." He tried to swipe the menu from my hands, but I've got a good grip on the thing.
"Whatever." I said and opened it up to look at all the delicious tings they had to offer.
Normally someone taking a menu from you would be considered rude, but in his defense he was trying to save me from myself, since I'm on a 'No to anything yummy' diet. So I ordered water, while he ordered a specialty beer that only McMenamin's has since they brew all their own beers.
We listen to the band for a little while and for no apparent reason, I pulled my cell out, just because. Thank goodness I did! I had just gotten a phone call from the brave mother that was having the sleepover. My poor little Elorna had just barfed all over herself and the couch. Wouldn't you know it...Strike 3. And we're out of there!

We went to get Elorna, left Kaitlyn there since she was having an awesome time, went home and watched part of a Harry Potter movie, at Elorna's request and hit the hay.
!!!Happy 9th to us!!!

2 comments:

  1. Someday you will look back on this as a fond moment! I still do picture you running up and downt he hall barfing ! Ah..mother's moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you got time together in the car. That counts for something, right? Poor Elorna. Glad you guys had fun in spite of everything, andjust to let you know-Harry Potter is always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete