LeeBee

LeeBee
This is me! The blogger beginner....again!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I know it's not Monday, but inspiration waits for no man!

So when I woke up this morning, I had no idea that a friend of mine's post would inspire me to do my own post on inspiration. Her inspiration comes from a very colorful painter. His craft is amazing, however I'm not a painter, nor have I ever found anyones paintings inspire me to paint my own, though Klimt did come close.
My inspiration is a musical one. One that I have listened to now for 17 years. One who helps me write, and think, and sing, and create. He is no secret, I share him with anyone who will listen, so if you've known me long, you've heard of him. Mr. Justin Currie.
He has a Moody, and broody way about him that is pure magic. He started out with a band called Del Amitri in the 80's, but really didn't make it to world known status till the 90's.

He plays more instruments than I can probably count on both hands, maybe including my feet too. His voice is mellow and smooth, with a touch of Scottish tendencies.

His music is soulful, without being soul, heartfelt without being mushy, and brilliant nearly to a fault!

I've never had the pleasure of seeing him live, though I'm a YouTube extreme surfer when it comes to him. His stage presence is amazing, and the stories he tells of his life and travels are captivating!

If there is one thing I have learned from him it is to make your music your own, no matter what anyone else has to say about it. Don't make it to become rich and famous, heck don't even make it so others will listen to it, just make is from the heart!
And honestly, with sideburns like those, don't you at least have to give his wisdom and music a shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment