LeeBee

LeeBee
This is me! The blogger beginner....again!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our California Trip- The days before Disneyland!

When I was a kid, I don't remember really wanting to go to Disneyland. They didn't have all the cool princess stuff yet, and really, I wasn't a fan of that big eared mouse! When I was a junior in high school, I got to go and I was very excited about it, but the best part of that trip was beating my old boyfriend at swimming and going to Universal. However, going when you're a teenager and going with your two little girls are very different experiences all together!
We started off at the airport, the girls were wonderful, why wouldn't they be, Nana and Papa would be waiting for them in Sacramento!

Seven hours later (Don't even get me started on Alaska Airlines) we got to Sacramento!!! We spent the night in Sacramento instead of Concord like planned (Again, don't get me started on Alaska!) The hotel was beautiful but the car we rented was stellar!!! I love heated seats! We drove all the way from Sacramento to Solvang in one day!

Over 6 hours!!!

On the way we stopped at the Apple Farm, of course!

Finally we got to the hotel in Solvang, think the girls were happy to be out of the car?

What do you have for breakfast in Solvang??? Eble Skeevers of course!

Can't you almost taste them? They were so good! Even though Kaitlyn said she didn't want any, then ate most of mine! Little stinker!

Then a little shopping before we had to get back into the car and head down to LA!

Does this shoe make my kids look small?


Another 3 hours of driving and Disneyland, here we are!!!

This was our home away from home for 5 days! Cold Stone right next door, and Disneyland right across the road. Can it get any better?

Kaitlyn, Auntie Cyndee, & Elorna
We got to see Auntie Cyndee for the first time in 7 1/2 years. Now Elorna can't hold it over Kaitlyn's head that Auntie Cyndee has seen her and not Kaitlyn!
That night I thought the girls would be too excited to go to sleep. Thank goodness for long drives, they passed out before very long at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment